Thursday, August 22, 2019

I Am Content To Find My Treasures On The Racks......

"I am content to find my treasures on the racks of resale shops, knowing my true robe is woven on the looms in Heaven." 

This is something one of my cousins shared recently on facebook. I thought it was beautiful and spoke so much truth. I think sometimes my husband feels bad because I buy clothes from thrift stores and goodwill. But I reassure him that I find some awesome things there. It takes a bit of time and effort - more so than just going to the local department store and picking this and that off the racks. But now that I have begun to be more particular in looking for things that I love - I have found that I am finding some great things. Now when I go shopping I have to be prepared not to find a thing. There have been quite a few times that I have left a store empty handed because I found nothing and that is alright. I would much rather leave with nothing than throw money away by buying something that "will do."

I have also figured out, thanks to my sister, that you have to be willing to look off season. Because I mostly wear short sleeved tops or sleeveless tops- very rarely would I look for fall and winter apparel. But when I began to notice that I did not enjoy wearing my fall and winter things as much because I didn't have as many favorite pieces and especially when I noticed that I didn't have hardly any long sleeved tops - I began to spend time all throughout the year looking for fall and winter things. And I have to say that I can not wait for Fall and Winter to get here this year- I probably have the best wardrobe I have had in many years for these seasons. I will continue to look because there are a few gaps here and there in my wardrobe and I have a couple of specific things I am looking for and hope I can find them. 

Another great reason why I love shopping at resale shops is that styles come in and out of fashion - but I am a girl that if I like something it is in fashion for me - whether or not it is in fashion at the time. I will not be ruled by people I don't even know that try to tell me what to wear or what not to wear. They don't know me or what looks good on me. I am an individual and as I learn what works great on my body - those will be the things I wear. 

What we wear does not define our value. We don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on clothes in order to make ourselves of more value. Our value comes because we are a child of God! I am so thankful for this. Because of this I can shop where I enjoy shopping and find great things that work for me and not spend very much money doing it. 

*****************************
Update on my mimosa tree- last night I went and dug my little tree up from where it was growing. I brought it home and We got it planted. Then I watered it really good. During this hot weather I usually go outside in the middle of the afternoon and I clean out my chickens swimming pool and get them fresh water. Many times the heat and them using pool has most of the water gone. I usually water my basic plants during this time. I will be watering my mimosa tree and hopefully it will do great in its new home- my yard! :0) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar