Monday, August 5, 2019

Creativity Inspired

Several years ago my husband made me a design board. It was a great design. He used a sheet of insulation board - with it wrapped in felt. It worked great until I had a cat or two that liked to climb it quite a bit. I was worried that it would end up tearing up my blocks so we took down the insulation board and left the frame up there. For over a year it set blank - unable to be used. 

This past week end the new plan came together and I again have a design board!! 

Paracord was used about 14 inches apart and I have clothes pins to pin my blocks up. I will need to get a step stood in order to work the very top row but I can make do with the stool I have till I find a 2 step stool.

What is great about having a design board is that I like to put the blocks up and then study it to see how I might want to rearrange the blocks to make the quilt look most balanced. It takes some time. And I am sure that the way the blocks are laid out in the above photo will be changed at least a time or two before I move on to getting the sashing ready to sew quilt together.

It brings me great joy to walk into my sewing room and see my blocks up! It actually gets my creativity going each time I see them there! Design boards are awesome! I am so thankful to have one!! :O)
*************************************************************************
I promise I am working on the blog posts I mentioned already - but it will probably be tomorrow before I can get one of them typed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity