Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Problem Solving

So last week we looked at how to set up an Action Plan. This week we are going to talk a little about how to Problem Solve with our Action Plans. Some time we end up having problems with the action plans that we put in place. We have to be willing to modify the plan if needed. This list of problem solving ideas are some of the ways to help with modifying your problems.

1. Identify the problem

2. List Ideas

3. Select one

4. Assess the results

5. Substitute another idea

6. Utilize other resources

7. Accept that the problem may not be solvable now.

A good example of how someone modified their action plan. A man had set up his action plan to dig at least 3 feet in his well. He was doing this to make sure that he was getting exercise. Well something came up and he was not able to get it dug, but he ended up cutting a tree down and splitting it into logs- so in the end he ended up getting his exercise after all. It may not have been the actual plan he had put in place but he modified it and it worked for him.

I have had to modify my plan. I had set up my schedule to exercise at 7:30 with Jennifer Webster on her Rise Up program. Well since I have hurt my knee/leg I have had to modify what I do- and now I am doing my rehab exercises and some chair exercises. I did not totally let go of trying to get exercise in - I have just modified it to work for me right now.

I have an appointment set up with an orthopedic Dr on Thursday am. Pray that we are able to get to the bottom of what is going on so that I can know what I can and cannot do. And if something needs to be done about it that I can do it this year - since I have meant our deductible this  year and it won't cost us an arm and a leg - maybe an arm - or maybe a leg- but not both! lol :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking