Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Kale

Kale


Many people talk about how bad kale is and how it's so hard to fix it and it taste good. Well I lucked out. I bought a large pound bag of kale from HEB and on the back it had a recipe for Healthy Kale. So that is what I tried. And guess what? I loved it! I loved it so much I do this about one a week. I make the following recipe and I eat on it for several days that week---till it is gone.

The great thing is that Kale is VERY good for you and a wonderful addition to anyone's diet. If you have not given Kale a chance before - I hope you will now. And even if you have tried it before - give it another chance- this recipe really is good.

Healthy Kale


1 3/4 c. chicken broth (I use McKay's Chicken Seasoning)
1 1/2 c. water
3 T. EVOO - that is Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper (I don't always use this much - maybe half this)

1/2 tsp. sugar
1 - 1 pound package of Kale

Add the first 5 ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil. Then add the sugar and kale. Cover pot with lid and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes or until desired tenderness.

Drain excess water and serve hot.

Trust me - this is very good! I love it! Just one more way to bring more health to your life. :O)

I noticed what looks like a great recipe from Mother Earth Living for Onion and Kale Pizza.
I am hoping to try this soon! If you have tried it please let me know what you thought of it! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)