Friday, November 25, 2016

Some Progress in My Sewing Room

Today I wanted to show you a little of what I am getting done in my sewing room lately. For many, many months I had these blocks sitting up on my design board. I just could not get the lay out right. I would change one thing and then another. Then I would just let it be and look at it ever so often trying to figure out what I needed to do. Well last week I decided to just move forward. I had tried many different combinations and if I had not found something that I thought would work the best then maybe I just needed to move forward...so I did. And I got the sashing sewn on and the blocks together.
 
 Here is the fabric that I have chosen for my border. I had picked out an even prettier border- but when I realized I would not only have to buy a lot more fabric, but I would also have many cut up roosters - I had to go pick out different fabric and this is what I found. I think it will be very nice.
I still need to get the border cut into strips and sew them together and then onto the quilt. And then I will have another quilt ready to quilt.
 
I do have a quilt that I have ready to quilt. I even bought the backing fabric. I have it cut out and will be ironing it and the quilt top and then putting them together to get ready to quilt. I am hoping to have some time next week.  We will see.
 
 I have a Christmas project that I would love to try out and hoping that I am able to do a good job because I think it is a great idea. I will share with you all if I am able to get to this project.
 
Hope you all are having a great day! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2