Friday, November 18, 2016

"If I had have known I was gonna live this long....."

So yesterday was my mother in laws birthday. We went over to visit her and take her gifts to her. When we were fixing to leave she said to me, "If I had have known I was gonna live this long, I would have taken better care of myself." I responded by saying, "Yeah, that is why I have been making lifestyle changes lately- to take better care of myself." The expression on her face gave away the words she would speak next, "No, I don't think I would have done anything differently."
I was so surprised. I guess she realized that she could make some changes now and did not want to make any more changes. I have to give her credit - she did quit smoking and she quit drinking coffee. She still drinks diet coke - but she does at least drink water now some. So she has made a few changes.

Her statement really made me think. It encouraged me along my journey to a healthier me. We really do need to be taking better care of ourselves. We can not abuse ourselves by living life how ever our flesh wants to and expect to have good health. Of course, even those who have made good choices end up getting sicknesses and disease. But I am meaning over all. We really need to be wise and make good decisions. And those decisions are not just for today - but are for our future health. It encouraged me along the path.

Today was the 3rd anniversary since my hysterectomy. My pathology report has tomorrow's date on them- even though I did not find out until Dec 3rd. Today I have spent a little time thinking about what I had been thinking 3 years ago. How my big concerns were how I would deal with the side effects of a hysterectomy and being put into instant menopause. I had read the list of symptoms to expect and I was not at all looking forward to any of that stuff. Just weeks later I would realize how minor those things were considering I was then facing losing my hair altogether- no longer would my concern being that my hair would thin - although it is thinner now then it was before - and my hair is finer but Praise the Lord I have hair!!!

I went to my oncologist on Wednesday. I had hoped to get my lab results and be able to do a complete update about my appointment - but for now I can say that the Dr said everything looked/felt good. And that she did not see any problems. I always am more relieved once I see the blood work results. So hopefully I will get the results Monday or Tuesday.

So one more quick up date - this week I have been wearing my summer attire - it has been warm - like upper 70's and then mid to upper 80's. But a cold front blew in this morning and it has been in the 60's today. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining. We are expecting to go into the 30's tonight nd tomorrow night. We have winterized things around here - just in case we get a freeze. Since we live away from the big city - we very well could see a free on Saturday night. The highs are just going to be in the 50's or 60's. It looks like fall has finally arrived!! I am thankful. This is really my favorite time of year. Where I can open up windows if I get hot or close them if I get cold.

I hope you all are doing well. Take care and stay warm. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)