Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Keeping Busy ....Keep Moving

The rain has finally moved on-which we are all thankful for. In it's place we have sunshine and very warm weather. With highs in the upper 80's and it looks like we will be hitting the 90 degree mark by the end of the week.

On Sunday morning I turned off our aerobic system outside so it would not spray water around our yard. I did think in an attempt to help our yard get dry sooner so that I could mow. The last few days I have heard the hum of mowers going all hours of the day and even into the evening last night. It has been a long time since we have had a chance to really get our yards mowed. I was happy that I was able to get our front yard and part of the back yard mowed 2 weeks ago.

Well today was the day that I was going to finally get our entire yard mowed! So after I ran a couple of errands and went walking at the park nearby - I came home with the intentions of mowing my yard. Well I began to hit roadblocks here and there. First of all we have some wood leaning on our riding mower - that I had to get off of it - and then had to figure out a way to have the wood stay off of the mower so I could get it out of he leanto. Well I finally thought of a brilliant way to accomplish that! I was proud. Next I needed to get a tire aired up. I have done this several times in the past so I basically knew what to do, however, this time something just was not working right. And I am afraid that we are going to have to take the tire off the mower and take it somewhere to get it fixed. Well after all of that I decided to go to my stand by push mower. So I was able to mow about half of our big back yard. And I mowed some in our driveway area. When I got to a stopping place to take a break, remember it's hot out there in the upper 80's and humid, I noticed 2 our chickens had gotten out of their part of the yard.  - Which reminds me that this past weekend they earned more freedom.

Can you tell in this bottom photo where the fence used to be?  
Anyway So I had to figure out how to get those chickens back into their yard. Thankfully I was able to use the fence that we had taken down to guide the chickens into their pen - once I went back around and ushered them in. Of course it took at least 10 minutes to get them back in. It did not help that I was tired and sweaty at this point. I was finally able to go sit down on the porch and rest a bit with some nice cool water to drink.
*************************************
So you will be proud of me- I have went to the park the last two days and went walking. I walked a little over 2 miles yesterday and today just over a mile. I knew I had a lot of yard work to do today and since there was a guy mowing at the park I really didn't want to be in his way. After finding out that I would be having to push mow my yard - I was kind of glad that I had not over done it earlier. I turned on my runtastic for the first time that I mowed and racked up another mile that time. Then went and mowed some more after a bit of a rest and cool down. I have also worked on dead heading my rose bushes and weeded a bit in my flower bed. I have ALOT more to do there but that will have to wait. I also watered my garden and also cleaned out and filled up my birdbaths. So I have gotten a lot of exercise and the day is not even over yet. I am sure there will be more activities!
************************
So last night my husband and I went to go visit his Momma. We were SO very happy to see her more with reality and making sense. We visited with her for 2 hours and before we left she wanted to sit in her chair. So my husband who is trained and skilled in helping people move around in hospitals helped her(with permission from staff at rehab) move from her bed to the chair- right next to the bed. She had been afraid when others had helped her move and when she had Jay helping her it showed her how much work she really has towards getting back on her feet in able to go home. She said before that she had not realized how bad of shape she was in. She had thought that it was her fear with the other people who had made it harder for her to get out of bed and into the chair. So it ended up being a very good thing that we went and that he helped her get into the chair. This morning she told my husband that she had a goal to be able to go home in two weeks. This proved that she was living more in reality than before when she kept thinking that she would be able to go home in a week - that is what she kept saying last Thursday or Friday - about how long she would be at rehab.
It was great to have a good visit and for her to be doing much better mentally. She is doing a bit better with eating there as well. That has been a battle. She is SO picky in what she eats. But she knows she had to eat to get better.
******************************
Well it is only about 4pm and I am already tired. I am going to have to get to bed early tonight to try to get some more rest. And I am hoping with all the exercise I have been getting that I will sleep good and get caught up.
 
I better close for now. I just wanted to take a little time to catch you all up on what is going on around here. I have block of the month at the end of this week - I have my block cut out but not put together yet.

 
Here is a photo of what my block will look like when it is finished!
There is a bit of glare to this photo so it does not show the colors perfectly but you get the idea!
 
 
Oh by the way - this morning I woke up to an awesome song. It is a song that I don't think I have every heard before and it is a song that perfectly describes me. I will be sharing it tomorrow. See you then! :0)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you to get so much exercise and get so many chores done! You really accomplished a lot. I'm glad to hear your MIL is sounding more stable and realistic in her thinking. Those changes can be hard on people, and I imagine it just took her some time to get oriented again after her two surgeries. Praise the Lord for bringing her this far!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories