Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Grateful or Ungrateful

There are two kinds of people: grateful and ungrateful. I have found it is much easier to do nice things for those who are grateful for my kindness. But I am learning a new lesson that I hadn't quite understood before. God calls us to be kind and thoughtful - even to those who aren't grateful. WE need to show the love of Jesus even to these people. In fact, there is a good chance that they may need to see Jesus' love in action even more.

There is something else that this has taught me. It has helped me to more understand how Jesus must feel. Thank about it, He gave up His life in heaven for a time to come down to earth to live here among men to give us an example of how to live and then He gave the ultimate gift- the gift of salvation. By dying on the cross for our sins He has made a way for us to receive the gift of salvation. And although there are many who are very grateful that Jesus died on the cross for our sins, there are some who don't really care and are very ungrateful. I think this is because they just don't realize what a wonderful gift salvation really is!

So when I experience times when people don't seem very grateful for my kindness- I can take the focus off of my hurt feelings and realize how Jesus must feel. He gave the ultimate gift- nothing I do for others can ever match the ultimate gift of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. And maybe my kindness I can show just a little of the love of Jesus for others. Hopefully I can learn this lesson and be more willing to be kind and considerate to others - even those who are ungrateful.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a good lesson for me, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure are doing a lot of work and exercise! Yay! Keep it up~ hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories