Saturday, June 27, 2015

God's Promises ...series... 1 John 1:7

God's Promises

 

by

John Bradshaw

 

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light,
 we have fellowship with one another,
 and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin."
1 John 1:7
 
When I was a little boy, a television commercial that advertised a cleaning product said to contain the cleaning power of  "liquid lightning." When the commercial showed the cleaning being poured into a bucket of water, lightning would flash dramatically. My Mother has never let me forget the day I watched with great expectation as she poured some of the cleaner into her bucket, and asked her in full disappointment, "Where's the lightning?" Unlike the TV commercial, there was no flash, and I was utterly deflated.
 
Although not marked by anything as dramatic as a flash of lightning, the Bible says that God has a cleaning agent so strong that it can wash away the stains of our sins. In 1 John 1:7, it says, "...the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." There's only one thing that can remove the dirt of our sin, and that is the blood of Jesus. Christ's death on the cross is a great enough sacrifice to purchase our eternal pardon. No matter how dark the spot, no matter how deep sin has penetrated, Jesus is able to forgive and cleanse us. Take your sins to Jesus. Even though there might not be a flash of lightning, you can be sure His forgiveness will be real. He has promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking