Monday, June 29, 2015

One Year Ago

Wow- Can you believe it has been a whole year since I decided to no longer wear hats?
We had gone camping for the weekend and while we were in a small town where no one knew us - I decided to take off my hat here and there because it was so hot. And on the way home I did not wear the hat and I just decided it was time to put that hat down and just face the world. It was not easy all the time and there were times that I felt anxiety - like going to places for the first time. And the first time people I knew saw me. That was challenging to me - but thankfully I have a lot of great people around me and everyone was very supportive!
 
It's a good thing that I was realistic about how long it would take for my hair to get back to where I am used to wearing it- because even though it has been a year it is still not back to the pre "adventure" length yet. The front is - but the back is not. But that is fine. I am so thankful to have hair - and to feel it blowing in the breeze. You just don't realize how good that feels until you experience not having any hair. I am thankful that - that "adventure" is behind me.

Here is a then and now photo.
 
 
Just as last year I came to a point where I knew I had to make a change- by no longer wearing the hat. I think I might be at another one of those points in my life.
 
You know I told you all about how my right eye lashes - half of them curl up and some of them basically just go straight out if not a little bit of a downward turn? Well I have prayed about it that it would clear up and go back to how they were before - but that prayer has not been answered with a yes yet. I have tried to wear mascara and kind of make it look decent but I am tired of the top lashes kind of getting tangled with the bottom lashes - so I have decided not to wear mascara- at least for now. I have actually worn just lipstick and eye liner that last couple of days. And might continue that. I might eventually go to less make up than that. Who knows. I have to get alright with seeing myself like that so right now I really like to at least wear those two things - that is all I have on in the "now" photo. Eventually I may go back to wearing more make up but for now this is working for me. You gotta do what you gotta do, that's what I am figuring out.
 
Well I better close for now. I am trying to get some caulking done around the backsplash in my kitchen. I have a list of things that I really want to get done before July - so that July I can spend focused on SweetPea and the things that I have to do.
 
****Oh and by the way! I made my goal of walking 30 miles for the month of June!! I did other exercise things like working in the yard, etc. But I wanted to at least track 30 miles for the month. Next Month won't be as much due to the increased responsibilities that I will have but I will still be- being active. Let me know how you guys are doing on getting more exercise.
Oh one more thing - I was watching a health show today and they said that for people that sit 8-10 hours a day - that it increases their chances of dying in the next 3 years. And if you sit even longer - the chances increase. They suggested trying to get up at move at least every 2 hour to help yourself be more healthy. Just wanted to share those things to help encourage you all to get exercise ~ It's good for you! :O)

2 comments:

  1. How cool that you got in 30 miles! I love the photos, too. The way your hair frames your face right now, even though it's not as long as you would eventually like it to be, is lovely. Congratulations on the one year milestone without hats!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

26: The Facts About Fats - Part 1