Friday, June 26, 2015

Key Limes and Me

I have shared in the past about how I make my Key Limeade.
And I think that I shared that what I was doing was processing all the key limes at once and putting each 7-8 key lime juice into a small Tupperware container and putting them in my fridge till I was ready to use it.
Well I have found a better way to do it and I wanted to share it with you all.
 
I found these adorable little ice cube trays for a quarter a week or so ago. I had no idea what I was going to do with them but they were so cute I could not pass them up.
 
So what I do is I process my key lime juice and then pour it into the ice tray - I pay attention to see about how many ice cubes makes one batch. Then I put foil over this and put it in the freezer. The next day I get the squares out and I put the number of cubes that I will need for a pitcher of limeade into sandwich bags. And then put all the sandwich bags into a quart sized freezer bag and put it in the freezer. Then I am able to get a bag out and make up Limeade when ever I want to and I am not rushed to use it up. When it is kept in the refrigerator I am worried about it getting sour so we would go through it faster. Anyway it's great to find better ways to do things.
 
I got a hair cut this week - and I wanted to share a photo with you all since I have not shared one in a while. I was going to wait until Monday to share these photos but I decided to do it today.
The reason I was going to wait until Monday is because it will be the one year mark since the day I decided I was NO longer wearing a hat. And here is a photo of where my hair was at that point:
My hair is no where near where I would like it in length in the back as what I would like it to be now- but maybe in about 6 month to a year and it will be there again.
My hair is still finer than what it was before- it was more coarse before.
Anyway So I am SO thankful to have hair again. It is great to feel it blowing in the wind. It is great because my hair is long enough that I am again using a thinner towel as a hair to dry my hair- for the past year or more I have just used one towel because there was no need for a second one. Now I use my thinking one for my hair and it is great to be needing to use it again.
 
This week I have walked the last 5 days in a row. Tomorrow I will not be going on a walk in the morning - but I have errands to run and groceries to get so I will still be getting exercise and that is good. My goal is to have at least 30 miles logged for the month of June and I am shooting for 12-15 for the month of July. It will be a more challenging month for getting walking in - but I will do the best I can.

I hope you all are doing well. :)

4 comments:

  1. The ice cube trays are great, what a good idea! Your hair looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello my sweet friend, thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. I love you, and have missed you. will be lifting you up to our Father. I know He will keep you cancer free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, you look so beautiful, keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)