Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Struggling and Walking

I dropped by to share my heart with you all. To be truthful, I am struggling. I am struggling with several different issues. Issues like feeling that God was leading towards a ministry- and then the door was slammed in my face. It really felt like that. And then it seems that I am not totally happy about the direction that my life seems to be going. It is causing me to have to depend on God even more to get me through each "adventure" that I am called to do. For Him to give me strength and peace and contentment. So I guess that even if I don't really like the adventures and what I am called to do - I can at least look at the silver lining of depending on God more.

I am struggling with the desire to be appreciated for what I have been doing and it seems to be allusive. It's something that I have really struggled to get from this person- for a long time- so I should not even expect it. Expectations really do hurt us - when we expect certain behavior or what ever- and we don't get it - it really does cause pain.

The good news is that I have been doing good with walking - I have almost walked 24 hours~ (EDITTING this to say it was 24 miles - not hours) this month alone! I read an article that was shared on Facebook- about a study that was done with 3 groups of postmenopausal women and walking- and it showed how walking really benefitted the participants.

Here is my favorite quote from the article:

"Too many people think you have to exercise really, really hard to get a benefit, and nothing could be further from the truth. You're actually getting probably 95 percent or more of the benefits when you're walking as compared to jogging."

It went on to say that in all the groups- energy levels were increased, blood sugar levels benefited by exercise, as was cholesterol levels and benefits to the heart as well. I really enjoyed reading this article.

I have something special to share with you tomorrow. Just too tired tonight to share any more. See ya soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. I have been there, when you think--even KNOW--that God has led you to something, only to have the door slammed in your face. It's one of the most painful and difficult things you can experience, but it doesn't mean God doesn't have a way for you to be a blessing and be involved in ministry. Even if other people don't always allow God to lead, He will not waste your willingness to serve Him. He will also give you the ability to forgive and grow through this experience.

    You are a blessing to me through your blog. Thank you for continuing to share your heart here.

    And CONGRATULATIONS on your 24 hours of walking! That really puts it in perspective, doesn't it, to think you've spent that much time getting exercise? That's so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking