Thursday, June 25, 2015

Surprises and Treasures

OK - So you have been waiting long enough - longer than I had planned on, that is for sure. But I had some important things to take care of this morning. Then I was looking through my pile of papers that I need to file - looking for a receipt. Well as I am looking through the pile I figure that it was as good as time as ever to divide out the papers into piles and then to file the papers. So then that led to having to go through some of my files in my filing cabinet and clean out some stuff that is no longer needed- to make more room in the drawer to add the stuff that I had gotten sorted out. Talk about a "give a mouse a cookie" situation... if you are not familiar with that term there are some cute kids books that talk about how one thing leads to another.
 
So this past week end my husband and I put hay out in our chicken bins in there chicken coop. Monday when my husband went to close up the chickens - he was happily surprised to find an egg! Our first egg from this batch of chickens!!!
 
We were so excited. They are just over 4 months old so I was very surprised because I was thinking that we would be lucky to have some of the chickens lay before the end of July.
We were SO hoping that they would start laying in July so our granddaughter could go gather eggs!
 
Oh and while I am here taking a break from all the things that I want to get done today - I wanted to show a treasure that I found yesterday on my treasure hunt.
 
So I am wondering how many of you are familiar with melty beads.
This is what they look like; however, they usually come in a bag all jumbled up.
Here is a photo that I borrowed from Hobby Lobby site. If you click on the link you can check them out and some of the other stuff they have with these beads. No - I don't get anything at all - just wanting to add the link for those who may not know what these beads do.  
So while I was at Goodwill - I found a bag that was marked $3.99.
In the bag I got some cool things!
All of these:
And these: 
 
 
 Notice how large these patterns are - it will take some time to fill them up with beads.
Ok notice how each of these pieces have little things coming up out of them. Those are to put the beads onto. So you can choose what ever design you want to make - you choose the color beads you want to use. That is why I think that one of the first things my granddaughter and I will be working on is to sort out the large bag of melty beads that I have for her, so it will be easier for her to decorate the pieces.

There was also a sandwich bag that had about 1/3 of the way full of melty beads.
 
And then there were these. I have never used these before but these packages are brand new - from Hobby Lobby and the tags say they were 1.99 each! You put this paper over the design once you have all the beads on it - and then you use an iron to melt the bead a bit so that they melt together and then after it all cools down you can take the paper off. 
Anyway I was thrilled with finding this for our granddaughter - I am thinking we will have a lot of fun with this stuff this summer!
 
Well I better close for now - I have a lot of other things to get done - especially since I went off down a rabbit hole earlier with working on things that yes- needed to get done but were not on the list for today.
 
Oh by the way _ I tried Napa Cabbage today for the first time! Loved it added to my salad. A friend told me of a recipe that she uses with her napa cabbage and look forward to trying it out. I love trying new things and finding new healthy things to add to my diet.

Oh and I have a post to share with you all about an easy way that I have found to use key limes. Be watching for that.
 
See you soon! :O)

1 comment:

  1. So happy you liked the Napa Cabbage! I never ever had it as a child, but I am really enjoying it now as an adult in different salads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories