Sunday, May 31, 2015

Frustration and Confusion

Just checking in with a little bit of an update. We are a bit frustrated. My Mother in law, Charlene is confused half the time. And sometimes she even comes up with wild stories. And sometimes she even forgets that she has had company. My husband talked to her yesterday evening and we knew that her brother John had been to visit her. Well when my husband asks if she has had any company she says no. She had told John that she had not seen my husband in a week, when in fact he had been at the hospital like 8 out of 10 days - and the only reasons why he had not gone those two days was one day he was sick and the other day was the day after he spent 9 hours with her - after working at his job ALL day long and so technically he had been there 9 out of 10 days because he did not get home till after 1am. Anyway we are frustrated because if it is normal for patients to be confused then I think that the Dr or nurses should have prepared us for it- they should have taken the time to warn us that this might happen and maybe then give us some hope of - if the patients usually return to their previous selves. That would have been nice. Now we are concerned because we have no idea. Is this the new normal or what? I am cleaning up some of her robes and gowns to take up to her tomorrow. And we are hoping by getting more of her stuff there - that maybe she will think a bit better.

Anyway I would sure appreciate any prayers for her- that she can come out of the fog that she is in. And that she will stay with reality. Maybe also pray for acceptance for what has happened and peace through this process. Thank you so much! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I dont know if it's normal for patients to be confused, but I know that when a person has some type of dementia/Alzheimer and it was kind of overlooked because that person was all the time in the same environment, it starts to be suddenly obvious when s/he goes to hospital. This moment is actually quite often a starting point for a proper diagnosis.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories