Saturday, May 2, 2015

God's Promises.....series... Hebrews 13:5

(sorry this is late)

God's Promises

by

John Bradshaw

 

..."I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Hebrews 13:5b

I once read about a man convicted of a terrible crime who spent 35 years in prison. He was finally released when DNA evidence revealed he was innocent of the crimes with which he had been charged. His elderly mother said that while her son was in prison, he turned away from God because he thought God has abandoned him.
 
Does God do that? Does He abandon people? I can understand why an innocent man in prison might feel as though God had forgotten all about him, but the Bible say in Hebrews 13:5, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." When confronted by job loss, when affected by domestic discord, when suffering serious illness, or when distressed by grief or injustice, you can be certain that in spite of appearances, God is still with you.
 
The man who had been wrongly imprisoned came back to faith in God before His release from prison. But if you're tempted to quit on God because of your circumstances, don't do it. He will never leave nor forsake you. He has promised!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking