Friday, May 1, 2015

Home IS Where the Heart IS

(first half of this was written yesterday - just didn't have time to finish it)

Today I was reminded of something I knew, but did not realize how true it was. I am a Homebody. I love to be at home - taking care of my house, yard, garden, animals and such. This week I have had several extra appointment to take my MIL to- and with drive time and waiting in waiting rooms- I have been away from home a lot this week. Today was the day I figured out how much I was missing my home.

My MIL had her appointment this morning. After that she, thoughtfully took us out to eat at a nice little Italian place. After I dropped her off I had a few errands of my own to run. And also needed to go by two grocery stores to pick up some groceries. Believe it or not I still have a long list of stuff to get at Walmart tomorrow. I hit Aldi's and HEB today. I get things that I can get cheaper at those places first and then get the rest from Walmart. I had not gone to Walmart at all last week so that is one reason why my list is so long. By the time I got home - I had been gone over 7 hours. Plus I have a meeting to go to tonight - so it's not like I have time to get into any of the jobs that I have here that I really need to do. There have been a few things on my list of things to do that have been moved every single day to the next day - that I still have not done. I have gotten a few of the big jobs done or worked on that I did not think I would be able to get to - so that is good.

And after the last 3 days of going to appointments and such - tomorrow would be a great day to stay home - but no. I have my BOM meeting in the morning and at least a trip to Walmart to take care of. Then I am hoping to be able to come home and get some stuff done here.


Ok - so I wanted to share a couple of little things I found at a favorite thrift store:

 A brand new book and some dino cookie cutters - for 50 cents.
 
This heart - I am planning on trying to paint it with a water proof paint so that I can use it in my garden to label a plant. For a quarter it was a great deal
 
 I found this cute magnet - for a quarter - it is a great addition to my refrigerator.

 
And I just had to share a cute photo of one of our chickens. Isn't she beautiful?!
 
 
Please keep me in your prayer. I am super tired. Actually very weary. It has been a very busy week and I am just done. But I still have things I need to get done. So I am off to finish up my list.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! When I don't have enough "home" days, I really start to feel behind on all the little things that are pleasant at home, and I find I need the space to do some extra nesting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)