Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Just a Couple of Life Hacks

I actually have a little bit of time this morning- well I am taking a little bit of time this morning to write a little post. I have learned a few things lately that I want to share with you all. And I also wanted to just let you know that I have still been busy but I am doing alright. I am still struggling with being tired- but it could be partly due to all the stuff I have going on- plus all the things I really need and want to do that I am trying to do here and there as I am able.

First off I wanted to share a little addition that has made a meal of Spaghetti go from a good meal to a delicious meal!! Really! This little tip will make a huge difference! I cut up an onion into half circles and then I sauté them in a skillet with olive oil until some of them begin to brown. Oh my goodness!! They are so yummy. And so I put the spaghetti noodles on my plate - I put the sautéed onions over the noodles and then I put the spaghetti sauce over the top of it. Now I know that many people combine the sauce with the noodles - and this idea would still work - by just adding the sautéed onions to the mixture or adding it on the top of spaghetti on each plate- of those that want onions.  We keep them separate because some people in our family really don't like the spaghetti sauce and some (me) don't like meant in my sauce so a little sauce is taken out into a small bowl before meat is added. Anyway I really think you guys will love the addition of sautéed onions to your spaghetti sauce- give it a try!!

Ok- this morning I got my Crockpot Pepper Steak going. I had pulled all the ingredients out on my cabinet to make it easier to get this going in my crockpot. Once I was done- thankfully I took just an extra effort to think through each ingredient to make sure I had put it into the crockpot - sure enough I had missed on of the important things. So I added it. So my tip for this is to take that extra time to make sure you have used all the ingredients.

This last tip has come from necessity. Over the last couple of months I have had all sorts of things going on. My husband appointments, my mother in law's appointments, and my own. So there was all sorts of things written all over my calendar. Well I knew that I needed to figure out a better way to do things. To help keep tings straight and to make the calendar look better. So I have picked a colored marker for each family member- so if my husband had something going on - I write it in blue, if my Mother in law has an appointment - that is written in green. And my own things - I write in purple. Our Granddaughter I put that in Pink - because it's her favorite color! Anyway my calendar looks so much better now. Anyway I am sure many people already do this, but it is something that I have just figured out and I am happy I did. My calendar looks much better.

Well I have an appointment to take my Mother in law to this afternoon. And I have a few things I want to get done before I go - like weed our garden boxes, trim tomato plants and get rid of the branches that are more parasite type instead of helpful to the plant, and I have a pile of branches that I cut off of a tree on Sunday - it started raining so I was not able to finish the job that day. So I would like to at least get the branches picked up and taken to the burn pile. And if I have time I would love to get some more branches trimmed from those trees. They are trees that I have never tackled before so its a bit bigger job - but it will be well worth the time. I am working on cleaning up a new area in my yard. Hopefully this area does not have poison ivy like that other large job that I tackled a couple of years ago. SO anyway now I am off to get some things done.

Oh one quick note- thank you so much to each of you dear readers for your kind comments - I love each of you and hope that you are all doing well. <> to you all. :O)

1 comment:

  1. Your spaghetti sounds delicious! I'll have to try it with the onions like that. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision