Saturday, April 11, 2015

God's Promises.....series... Proverbs 3:5,6

 

God's Promises

By John Bradshaw

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5,6
 
One of the great longings of the heart of the child of God is to know God's leading. There are times when God's leading can seem mysterious, and His will hard to know. What should I do with my life? Which college should I attend? Should I marry this person? Which house should we buy? What does God want me to do in a given situation? It is encouraging to know that God promises to lead us. Here is what Solomon wrote in Proverbs 3:5,.6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."
 
"He shall direct your paths." There is no question that God has a plan for your life, your family and your career. It isn't always easy to know just what God's plan is. But if we trust God with all we have, choose not to trust our own wisdom and acknowledge God in all our ways, the promise is that "He shall direct your paths." God doesn't always lead at the speed we would like, but He leads. And if you're looking for direction in your life, expect God to make it clear to you. He has promised!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking