Tuesday, April 7, 2015

SO Very Busy...

So it looks like it is about time for an update. I have been so very busy. I am having a hard time keeping up with everything I need to do and everything I want to do. And sometimes I just spend time doing what I want to do - rather than what I need to do - because I need the "therapy" of it. That is what happened yesterday- I had a lot of stuff I needed to do - but after I got some of the list done- I decided to go buy flowers for a lot of my containers in the back yard. So I did that. And today - I spent time getting everything planted and arranged how I wanted. Then mowing my yard took precedence because there is a good chance that we are going to get rain tomorrow. So I at least got the front and a section of the back done. With the rain - I am having a hard time getting the entire yard done. I am at least trying to keep certain sections of it done. When my husband gets home we will be getting our garden plants planted. Going to have to use our raised beds and garden boxed again this year. We have had too much rain to bring the big equipment that would have to come in and square up our garden area and the bring in dirt. So when it dries up enough- we will at least get it squared- hopefully and then hopefully by next year we can get the load of dirt hauled in. It will be nice to be able to get our veggies planted. This past week I spend time getting all of our beds and boxes weeded and ready for the plants - so we won't have too much work to do- which is great because I am quite worn out from all I have done today.
 
Tomorrow will be a big day - and I will need lots of prayers. I am claiming and holding onto Deut. 33:25b-  "As your days, so shall your strength be." I am not feeling that strength today- Before I mowed I was feeling very emotional. It all stems back to my cancer adventure was so recent and now my MIL having to go through the same thing. And it just feels like the scab is being pulled off slowly- too soon. Oh tomorrow will be the day that I will take her to see the oncologist- we will find out what kind of cancer she has- I am not certain it is lung cancer- they found a tumor in the lung - but there is the possibility that the cancer spread there from some where else. But we will find out tomorrow. I will certainly appreciate any prayers we can get. I am sure it will be hard for her. Earlier I was thinking I don't even think I can be as strong as I was for my own diagnosis. - a lot of pain stems from the aftermath - what it actually is like going through chemo- the loss of hair(the worst part for me) I am not sure at the point if she will face all of that so I am having to leave all of that in God's hands and trust Him. A friend shared this verse earlier and it was very encouraging to me as well.
 
And we know that all things work together for good
to those who love God,
to those who are the called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28
 
Good news is that I was able to get my garden planted as well. Now I am very tired so I will close for now. I will check in as soon as I get a chance. Hope you all are doing well.
 
 
                            

4 comments:

  1. I hope all goes well for your MIL. It sounds like you've been very busy. I hope you find some time to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family this morning! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just now read this post, and even though it's now after the oncology appointment, I said a prayer for you and your family this morning. May God continue to give you the strength and courage you need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I's sorry I didn't read this sooner...I pray your MIL will be able to endure whatever treatment she will need...Thank the Lord you are there for her, but I totally understand about how hard it is to go through with someone you love, as I am in that same position right now with my friend Deb also...It is like that scab is ripped away, and we are reminded that the cancer battle is once again very real!
    I am praying for you and your family~ ((hugs))~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision