Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Refreshment for the Soul

In the middle of the hustle and bustle of last week - God blessed me with a very neat experience.
 
While we were waiting on my Mother-in-law to be called upstairs for her heart Cath- I noticed a sign that pointed the way to a meditation garden. And made a note that I wanted to check it out before we left the hospital.
 
When she was taken back for her procedure - we knew we would have at least an hour before she was done and so I talked my husband into going to the garden with me.

When you first go into the garden- it has this plaque on the wall.
 
 These are the verses on the plaque in the photo above:
                            
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 
2. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant,
 and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
 a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
 
10. I have seen the task, which God has given to the sons of men to be occupied in it.
Ecclesiastes 3:1,2,4,10
 
 
I love waterfalls. The sound of water flowing over a waterfall is so relaxing and refreshing to the soul. What a great addition to any garden. I would love to set something up like this in my yard.  
 
This was a little memorial tree- that people have put different little mementos on the tree. I wish I had  have taken the time to take a few close ups of some of the things.
 
This stone wall was so cool and added so much to the garden.

 

I loved how at this point you could see the waterfall from the first photo at the far end. I forgot to take a photo - they had a little bridge that you could walk over the water over at that other end as well.

There were a few different options of places to sit down in this garden.

Another kind of waterfall.

I loved these great big rocks!
This is where you walk in - but the view walking out.
 
And here is a few down to the garden from the floor we were on - as we sat in the waiting room.  
 
This garden refreshed my soul. Inspired me to continue to work towards a more beautiful yard. It is a slow go- but slowly making some progress. I am learning the plants and flowers that work the best here in Texas and that is very helpful. Especially learning the plants that will come back from year to year.
 
I hope you have enjoyed the little taste of this relaxing garden with me. It made the long day at the hospital much more doable. :O)
 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories