Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Invisible Wall... and a Reason For It.

I have learned a lesson lately and I really wanted to share it here - that way maybe some day when I have forgotten this lesson -cause I probably will- I will read through these posts and be able to benefit from this lesson. And at the same time maybe you too will learn something as well.

As you all know I have been on the Nominating Committee for our church over the last couple of months. And yes it is taking much longer than I had thought it would - but I am not surprised. During this time I have had times that I needed to share my opinions, thoughts or feelings about certain things. And then with this food bank stuff(which I will have an update about that sometime later this week) has also raised times for me to voice my thoughts about things. Then there is just my regular life in general when I have shared my thoughts, feelings and opinions. And sometimes those thoughts, feelings, and opinions are not really appreciated. And in fact, what I learned this week is that sometimes when a person shares their thoughts, feelings and/or opinions - that it might actually build a wall between you and the hearer. Sometimes those that you are talking about may have thoughts, feelings, or opinions about things totally different from yours and because of that a wall is built.

The reason why I feel that this is important to know and understand is that there may be times when you feel that wall and don't understand why it is there. And if you understand that because your views on things are different than theirs - that might help you understand why there could be the walls built. But it does not always mean that you did any thing wrong - it just might mean that you have differing opinions.

Another thing I was reminded of is acceptance. I need to work on accepting others better. Accepting others does not mean that you have to agree with what they are doing or what they say - but that you can have love for them- love that comes from Jesus and is able to flow to those around you - in accepting them.

I was needing to be reminded of this because I may have to work with a difficult person - and my first instinct is to say NO WAY. I don't like working with difficult people. I have enough difficult people in my life. I mean seriously - don't we all?

So as I am working with this difficult person and all the other difficult people in my life - I will remember that I need to have a spirit of acceptance and love towards them. And if I feel as if there is a wall - then I can understand that it is just because of differing opinions and accept it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking