Monday, May 4, 2015

My Word- not Just for this Year, But for My Entire Life

So it seems that I have figured out the word for this year. Actually I am beginning to believe that this word is not for this year only but for my entire life. I first began to really feel called to this word in 2013, but it really did not become a word to me until 2014. My first time to realize that this was my word - I was sitting at my oncology waiting room and as I looked around the waiting room I realized that what I was looking at was "courage" it took courage to go through chemo and then to go back again 3 weeks later( that was my schedule).

During the whole year of 2014 I went through so many surgeries and procedures and testing that I had never went through before. And I continued to feel the call to be courageous. Each time I faced another test, procedure, I felt God giving me the strength and courage to face each thing.

And then we look at another thing that called for courage and that is when I lost my hair. When losing my hair and having my husband shave my head- a lot of courage was needed to look into the mirror that first time. I am so glad that I took the time to ask God to help me be ok with what I saw- because it could have been a much harder experience. Going out in public wearing my hats took a lot of courage. The first time that I went with out my hat with my hair only being about 1/4 of an inch "long" took a whole lot of courage. And it isn't just one time that takes courage but every single time you go out.

 So now we are up to date - lately I have felt God leading me into situations which call for courage. When I got my phone call asking if I would be on the nominating committee - I felt that God was calling me to be courageous and participate.

But there is another development that has recently happened that has really made me realize that Courageous as my word- not only for this year but for my life. And I am hoping tomorrow I will be able to get back on and share with you all. It looks like I have two appointments to take my mother in law to tomorrow and then an appointment on Friday. And if everything stays on schedule we will have to get her to the hospital by 5:15am on Monday for her surgery. That will be a very, VERY long day for me.

Anyway I will be getting back on as soon as I can to up date what is going on in my life. See you soon.

 "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 NKJV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)