Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Update

Thank you for the prayers for my Mother in law. The surgery went longer than expected - well about double the amount of time that they said it would. But thankfully that is behind her. When we finally got to go back to see her- she was in a LOT of pain. Apparently she was having problems with low blood pressure- and the pain meds were bringing it lower- so they were having to work to adjust things in order to keep her blood pressure steady. It was hard to see her hurting to much. The nurse was trying to help raise her blood pressure and had gently moved her arm in order to put it up on a pillow a bit and that hurt her enough -that although she had her eyes closed and was out of it she was letting them know she was hurting and to put her arm back down.

ICU was backed up so it took till late afternoon to get her moved over there. She did finally get to resting comfortably. And did good over night. Woke up hurting at one point but they took care of it an she did well the rest of the night. This morning when my husband called they had given her more pain meds and then had just gotten her up to a chair. The Dr wants her to get into the chair at least 3 times a day- in order to prevent her from getting pneumonia.

Tomorrow I have my one year appointment with my oncologist - please keep me in your prayers. I have been so tired and weary and don't know if it is all the extra stress and such or if it could be something worse. I just continue to pray that the cancer does not come back. I will go by and see my Mother in law after my appointments- lab and with Dr.

Well I just wanted to check in and up date you all on how she was doing. I imagine it will be a long recovery for her. Thank you for your continued prayers for her. :0)

1 comment:

  1. Glad she had a good night. I will be praying for her, and for your appointment with your doctor tomorrow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)