Sunday, November 10, 2013

Learning to Go a Step Further

In 1991, my husband joined the Army. After all of his training - his first assignment sent him to Germany. Boy that was a doozy for this young couple. We had been married only about 3 years at the time and had a little toddler. My husband was sent over to Germany in July and several months later - it was finally time for my son and I to join him. Two flights on airplanes would be our mode of transportation. Before this I had only been in a little twin engine airplane - and even then it was just a quick - going up in the air(not very far) circling our little town of Pecos Texas - and then down again. So to say that I was afraid of this adventure would be an understatement. I would be going on a BIG airplane for the first time - with an 16 month old boy.

As the days approached - God orchestrated me being able to hear a great sermon in which the phrase:

Trust in God Prevents Panic
 
This would be my motto for my up coming adventure. And it was used many times. As I would get anxious or feel anxiety- I would say this phrase.
 
Trust in God Prevents Panic
 
And although this was one of the toughest things that I had done- to that point in my life. God was there for me and I was able to make it safely to my destination.
 
I was reminded of this experience while I have dreaded my up coming surgery.
God reminded me of this phrase.
It's amazing that God loves us so much and takes the time to help us through life's trials.
 
So when I start to panic or get anxious- I just say this phrase:
 
Trust in God Prevents Panic
 
But I don't stop there. In my experiences over the last 5 years - I have learned to go a step further.
Saying this phrase reminds me that God is in control. And not only that but that I need to redirect my focus - from myself - to Him.
 
 And I am choosing to use this reminder to remind me to praise God. Praise Him for all the blessing that He has given. All the things that many times I take for granted. And also praise Him that He is able to get me through what ever He brings in my path. He is able.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, courage! So glad God has blessed you with these phrases as reminders of His ability to see you through.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories