Saturday, November 23, 2013

Checking In

Just checking in to let you all know that I am doing alright. The first photo is my 3rd IV site on the first day home from the hospital. I am thankful that this one was put in while I was out. The first site did not work. And they needed an IV on each arm so this was the third one. The second IV did not leave a bruise at all.


Photo: Glad I was out when they put this Iv in.


Here is the same bruise photo taken today. It is healing.
Photo: Day 5 - this was the 3rd Iv I had. There is no bruise at all at IV site #2.  Small bruise at IV #1.  We took the plastic covers off my incision sites today. The steri strips are still on. So glad I'm on the mend.

My incisions had plastic coverings - and the Dr said that they would probably come off after shower- well they stayed on through 5 showers. And so today I had my husband peel the plastic coverings off. There are still steri - strips over each of the 4 incisions. I have 2 incisions above the belly button - the very top one is the biggest incision and is also the sorest one as well. They I have one incision on each side of the belly - about 4 inches or so on each side.

I am healing nicely. I am still sore. Today I have noticed that when I am up for a bit that I am feeling a little dizzy and a bit of a head ache. I am sure hoping that I feel better tomorrow.

I am also noticing that I am a bit more emotional. When you no longer have hormones - there will be changes and that is what scares me. I had just gotten to the point of understanding who I was and was doing better at making choices and all. And now - this surgery might just put a big kink in everything. This is also a tough time of hear to deal with this - a total hysterectomy. You know the family get togethers. But I am trying to continue to trust God to guide me and direct me.

Well I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am doing alright. I am just allowing myself to heal. I hope you all are doing well. I'll be checking in again soon. :O)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa! Oooh, those bruises look nasty. I'm glad you don't remember them blooming too! I'm glad you are in the shower (feels so good, right?) and up and around.
    Don't push yourself too much though. You don't want to fall or anything.
    You are in my prayers, and I know your family and friends are being supportive and helpful. Thank God for that. Be good to yourself, and Happy Thanksgiving too!
    Hugs,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ceil! I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving! I am hoping now to be back to reading blogs. I look forward to reading your posts. Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)