Thursday, November 7, 2013

If God Has Brought it to Me

I hope you guys don't mind if I share a few of the fears that I have due to my upcoming surgery.
 
I have been doing research to help me be ready for my surgery. I am guessing that by knowing things to expect or things that can help me heal better and things like that help me to prepare and to feel more comfortable about having the surgery.
 
I have also been asking people I know about their experiences. And I want to thank those of you that have written to me personally and have share some very great perspective on the whole experience. It has truly helped me.
 
I was feeling pretty at peace (as much as can be expected when a person is facing surgery and having things taken out of them) until a friend of my husband's told us about after his wife had the surgery - that "she went from a size 8 to a size 16 practically over night."
Well for someone who has struggled with weight my whole entire life- that is scary.
 
I am the one to the left.
 
This is a photo of when I was 12 - probably fixing to be 13. As you can tell I am the same size as my Mom and my sister - who is 2 1/2 years older than I am. My parents had just gotten a divorce about a year before this photo was taken and my Mom lost a whole lot of weight.
 
Anyway so this whole idea of having problems with weight- and all scares me because I have struggled with it all my life. And it scares me.
 
Lately I have made some lifestyle changes and I have lost about 10 pounds over the last several months. And I would like to keep that up - or at least maintain.

So that is my fear right now.
 
Before I close, I wanted to share a little bit of perspective with you all- for those of you who may end up facing a hysterectomy. Changes are hard- especially the change. But - whether I had this surgery or not - I will face the change of life. So this is where - a motto that I am living by right now - and actually a really good motto to live by all the time.

"If God has brought it to me - He will get me through it."
 
Holding onto my trust in God
Today and forever!
 

3 comments:

  1. My mom did not gain any weight.So I guess it would depend on the person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is any comfort to you, most of people I know who did hysterectomies are all still slim, years after.

    The only person who I know that carries weight after surgery was already two times your size, prior to surgery, so I am not sure I can blame the surgery for the 'extras'.

    You're right... if God has brought it to you - He will get you through it. He is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything will be ok, praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories