Monday, November 11, 2013

No Regrets


I have learned another lesson over the past couple of weeks. And I am so thankful for this realization.
 
In facing my hysterectomy- it seems like I had a choice to make. It was if I wanted to keep my remaining ovary or not. The reason I say it seems like I had a choice is because I am not convinced that it is even in good enough shape to keep - if I made that choice. I have only had one ovary for the last 18 years and it has had to do the work of two ovaries, which I was told by my Dr that I would end up going into menopause sooner than I would have - because of this.
 
 
 So after discussing things with my Dr., then with my husband, family, and asking a couple of nurse friends that I have - I made up my mind as to what I thought would be the best choice for me. And I had peace.
 
Then I had the conversation with my husband's friend and in the conversation he said several times that his wife regrets the decision that she made. And then he was trying to get me to make the choice she wishes she had have made. Well this took my peace. Well that and the fact that he said she basically doubled in size.
 
So I asked friends and family to pray that God would guide me to the right decision.
 
Then as I said earlier - that a friend reminded me - that I would face menopause with this surgery or without it. This perspective really helped me out.
 
Then as I was finishing up my devotional time - I felt that God was leading me to make the choice - of No Regrets. That if I believed that He was with me and that He would get me through this situation, that I could make the choice that I felt that He was leading me to make- with No Regrets.
 
As I was thinking about this whole situation - the idea of coming to a crossroads in my life came to me. I was at a crossroads of sorts. I had a choice to make.
 
 I could only go one way or the other- I could not do both.
 
 As I thought about it I realized that when I made a choice - I would never truly know what things would have been like had I took the other road. We can romanticize that other choice all we want, but there is no guarantee that it would be all that rosy - even if the choice we make takes us through a rough road. So this is when I realized that I needed to make my decision and then I needed to have No Regrets.
 
When you turn your will and your life over to God- you can trust Him. He is in control and He will never let us down. I am thankful for this.
 

2 comments:

  1. This post is such an encouragement to me. I'm glad you're sharing the things that are blessing you right now, because I'm blessed now too. :) The idea that we can seek God's guidance, make a decision, and then live with no regrets is so freeing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad that you were blessed- it gives more meaning to the trials that we go through when we are able to bless others.
      God bless~ Lisa in Texas :O)

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking