Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Special Project

Photo: One step closer to getting this special quilt done!! :0)

 
Just wanted to check in and show you all the progress I have made on the quilt that I am making for my granddaughter. I was going to do a more intensive post about it and show you more of a step by step format, but I just don't seem to have the motivation to do so.
 
The colors are off a tiny bit - but at least you get an idea of what it looks like. I have another border to add- pink. And then I will be the point of quilting it! And then binding it. I am sure hoping I can get it done soon. But if I don't get it done before surgery - then there will be time in my recovery time that I can get it done. Since my son will have SweetPea this week end - I will not get much of a chance to work on it then. So I am hoping to at least get the other border added before my surgery.
 
I was able to stop by the quilt shop today and buy the backing for it. Tomorrow I will need to pick up the batting. Then I will have everything that I need. You probably can't tell from this photo but the ears are not sewn down so they can flop. One of the things that drew me to this quilt pattern.

This is the first big applique project that I have done and it went pretty good. I machine appliqued. It was a bit intimidating at first but as I just kept going - it got easier.
 
So glad that I decided to get this quilt done. It has been great therapy for me. It has helped keep me busy. And that is always good when anticipating something stressful.
 
Well I have my pre op appointments tomorrow, so I might not be back on till Friday.
See ya soon.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi LIsa! This quilt is just gorgeous! Does it take forever to do? This will be a family heirloom, such a personal work of love. I wish I was talented like this, I have two granddaughters, with one on the way. Really Lisa, this is amazing.

    I am praying for your successful apt today, and for your surgery too. Not a fun thing to look forward to, but I hope it will help you to feel better. Let us know! (I'll be better about checking back too!)
    Blessings!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision