Monday, July 29, 2013

Salt in my Kitchen ....series


 

Salt in my Kitchen

by
Jeanette Lockerbie
 

No Inferiority Complex

Bible Reading: Psalms 111
 
    Praise the Lord! I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation. 2 The works of the Lord are great, Studied by all who have pleasure in them. 3 His work is honorable and glorious, And His righteousness endures forever. 4 He has made His wonderful works to be remembered; The Lord is gracious and full of compassion. 5 He has given food to those who fear Him; He will ever be mindful of His covenant. 6 He has declared to His people the power of His works, In giving them the heritage of the nations. 7 The works of His hands are verity and justice; All His precepts are sure. 8 They stand fast forever and ever, And are done in truth and uprightness. 9 He has sent redemption to His people; He has commanded His covenant forever: Holy and awesome is His name. 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.
 
A personable young woman, who came to know Christ as her Saviour through contact with a group of committed Christians, admitted:
"Never in my whole life, no matter what the situation, had I ever felt inferior. I had money, nice clothes, education, position. I had everything that makes for poise and self-assurance until I met a group of women who knew the Bible. Before their knowledge of God's Word I sat humbled, almost envious, conscious of my own inadequacy."
With her confession, the new Christian became an avid student of the Bible. Soon she too was challenging to others.
Whatever the motive, feasting on God's Word can bring only profit. How true are the words of the psalmist,
 
I have more understanding that all m teachers (Psalms 119:99a)
 
You need never feel inferior in this age when the Bible is so available and when modern versions make its truths clear to the most uninitiated student. The Holy Spirit is ready to be your interpreter, and you can inspire others around you to want to know the Bible's wonders.
 
Other books may puff us up,
The Book of books will build us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking