Friday, July 26, 2013

Drawing Nigh to God....series

Drawing Nigh to God

 
by
Minnie E. Dauphinee
 
 

Divinely Guided...At All Times

"If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
 even there shall thy hand lead me. "
- Psalms 139:9,10
 
The Psalmist here represents the morning as having wings, making us think of the rapidity with which the first rays of the morning light flash across the sky. He comforts us with the thought that, could we travel with the quickness of light to the ends of the earth, the Lord would be there to lead and protect.
A party of American soldiers visited the British aircraft carrier H. M. S. Victorious. Their guide ended the tour of the ship by taking them to the chapel. On its wall hung a picture of the ship, and underneath, the scripture, "If I take the wings of the morning.....; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." These words, which were once thought of by some as merely a beautiful figure of speech, now had real meaning to all Christian fliers, who, morning by morning, felt their need of divine guidance and protection as they were borne on wings from the fight deck of the ship.
What a sense of peace and security comes to the Christian with the consciousness that God is wherever he is. Though His throne is in heaven, yet by His Spirit He is present to guide and protect at all times.
 
"How sweet the thought that comes to me
On mountain or on stormy sea:
There is no land or clime or zone
Where Jesus leaves His sheep along."
_ W.C. Poole


1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking