Wednesday, July 17, 2013

From Waste to Usefulness

When we make Taco Salads- I don't like to use the re fried beans- to me it makes the bottom of the taco salad shell soggy. So we end up having quite a bit of re fried beans left over. Well my husband gave me a great idea - in which to use those re fried beans up.

I take those re fried beans add a can of pinto beans that have been drained. I then add from most to least - onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and chili powder. I stir this up really good.

Then I put some of this bean mixture on a flour tortilla and add some Italian cheese along with some Colby jack cheese. Then I fold this up into a burrito. I take a piece of foil and wrap up the burrito- I put these in a freezer Ziploc bag and then if anyone gets hungry they can heat up how ever many burritos that they want. Or my sons can take some to work with them for lunches. It felt good to use what we had and provide more meals around the house and have less waste.

What do you do around your house to save money?

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)