Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Tattered Sparrow

This is so neat. I wrote this little piece earlier in the week in my spiral notebook. When I saw this cute photo on Facebook - I decided I wanted to include it with this post. 


The Tattered Sparrow

I saw a little sparrow in my back yard, I recognized him. His identity is given away by his tattered feathers. Last week our outside cat, Beans, got a hold of a bird and got it into our garage. This little bird did not give up, and was able to escape after being roughed up and losing some of his feathers. 

I have been noticing this little guy showing up in my back yard every now and then. As I saw him this morning it hit me. I feel kind of like that little sparrow. Life has gotten a hold of me and roughed me up, but I am not giving up. I am trying to keep my focus on Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. The adversary keeps lurking about, trying to pounce on it's prey, doing it's best to distract me. Sometimes even accomplishing that goal, but once I come to realize this, I pray and ask for help. And always when I ask for help, God is always there to provide what is needed. (Notice I said needed and not wanted) But I must be honest and admit that I don't always get the answer that I'd like but I must trust that God knows what is best. 

Surrendering my life to God allows Him to mold me into the person He wants me to be. And even if it means that I may sometimes feel like that tattered sparrow, it is the best thing for me. 
***************
Then when I went back to my room to get my spiral notebook to type up this post - I just happened to notice -the tattered sparrow - in my back yard. I toss out bird seed to my chickens and then of course the birds are drawn to that part of our yard. It was good to see that this sweet bird is still doing good.  And so am I. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful example! God will make us over beautiful--inside and outside!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories