Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Weather/Quilting/Mercy


Well here is what our temps look like for the next 7 days. It has been warm here - but what is new - it's Texas! I have to say that I am SO very thankful that we have gotten a little shower here and there lately. Those showers are so refreshing! Last year we had triple digit temps EVERY single day of July. And no rain.  It is so sad - I see the results of our drought everywhere with dead trees here and there, my own I miss the most. 

But this year it has been much more bearable. I am so thankful! 
************************************

On a different note - I was thinking about when I first began this blog a couple of years ago. My main purpose was sharing our journey with my husband's Parkinson's. And it really surprised me because - what I had expected was - maybe meeting up with other people dealing with early onset Parkinson's and encouragement. What surprised me was that I actually got comments basically telling me to get over it. Yep. I guess my sharing my experience bothered them. What is very funny to me now is that they seem to do a lot of complaining on their blog. And I am doing my best to be accepting and show mercy. 

Anyway that is the main reason why I really like the phrase -"take what you like and leave the rest" because I realize that not everyone will like what I have to say and that is OK. It's nice to have the freedom to post those things that I feel led to share.

*****************************

I hope you all are able to stay cool and find fun things to do inside. There are a lot of options, pick one and enjoy! One of the things I do is quilt and I tonight I finished my BOM for this month and thought I would share it with you all. 
Oh and by the way it is actually square - I just had to try to take the photo with my cell phone and I think I got it at a weird angle. Anyway and the colors are a bit brighter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories