Friday, August 19, 2011

Healthier Nails...Finally

Several months ago, I was having a lot of problems with my finger nails. My nails have never been great nails. I don't go get manicures and such. I personally do not think that it is a wise thing to do with our money - it is not a good use of the money that my husband makes. Anyway I was having problem with my nails splitting - like the top layers peeling back. And I tried a whole lot of things and nothing worked.

When I went to my well woman appointment, I asked my Dr what I should do about it. She suggested that I take Biotin. So I have been taking one every morning- probably about 80% of the time, some mornings I forget. My Dr said that it would take a while to see a difference.

The last couple of days I have actually noticed how much better my nails are doing. I am so thrilled that they are finally looking nice. Anyway I wanted to share about this just in case any of you are having problems with your nails. And Biotin actually is good for your skin, nails, and hair. I have not noticed such a big difference in my hair but I think that is because I have had to wear it up in a pony tail most of the time since it is SO hot. But I am thankful for the change it has made in my finger nails.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Lisa
    I am so glad your hubby is back at home ,and to hear that you are finding improvement with your nails. While I have never really had any nail issues other than trying to get the dirt and green grass stain out from under them
    I can realize what a trial ,My Mom has always had serious nail and hair problems .
    Sometimes I feel like I may never have another hair style again other than a pony tail with this heat we are having . I do hope you are taking care and finding ways to keep cool ! Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment for me.
    Blessings with hugs
    Until next time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)