Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Seeing Special Things in Nature

(Edited to add the correct photo)


This morning, I had to go get some blood drawn for my annual check up. After the blood was drawn, I headed to another errand and as I sat at a light I looked over beside where I was and saw a beautiful black bird with a bright red and yellow patch on each side on his wings. I have seen these birds from afar - but not up close. Not sure the name of them either - sorry.

After I got home- I was working at my kitchen sink and looked outside and noticed one of my little squirrel friends. So I slowly went to the back door in the sun room - and got my cell phone out and just put it up against the window and was able to capture a few photos of him. It was so cute to watch him scamper around our yard - finding nuts and things of interest. And of course he had to get a drink at the bird bath. I know it is not very clear - by the time I cropped the photo so you could see my friend - it kind of blurred things a bit.




This bird bath serves a lot of different purposes- of course - my squirrels love to drink out of it, birds love to bath in it and drink, my cat even likes to get the occasional drink, and some local bees love to drink out of it. I love the nature that is in my yard. :o)

3 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to start noticing all the gifts of nature that are all around us. How many times we go through our day and do not even notice what Jesus has gifted us with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a pretty bird bath, and how neat that the squirrels are drinking from it. Birds, the cat, and our dogs drink out of ours, but I don't think the squirrels are quite brave enough (our dogs love to chase them!). It sounds like the bird that you saw was a red-winged blackbird. Look it up on Google images and see. . .they are to pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE red-winged black birds! They have a pretty song they sing too. Only the male is marked like that. The female is plain and brown. Yet, she is still called a red-winged black bird.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision