Friday, June 24, 2011

It's Hot Out There

Well this is what the weather here in Texas looks like. Are you all envious? I bet not. I love Texas - but the summers are tough to get through sometimes. You learn that if you want to get things done outside - you need to do it early or late in the evenings. Of course, late in the evenings it is still pretty hot out. So I tried to do my yard work early and then in the hot evenings - I get my chickens water in their creek bed. That seems to work great. I am thankful that our yard is set up in order to do that. And since I run water through that area every day, the ground does not instantly soak up the water like it would anywhere else in the yard and it give the chickens more time to play in it and enjoy it.




Things are about the same around here. I tell you one thing, I am so thankful that God has been teaching me to depend on Him because this whole situation with my son and his wife - is totally out of my hands. There is nothing I can do - except to pray and I am learning that prayer is not a last resort it is the first thing that I go to. Only God can change people's hearts. And I am so thankful to have a heavenly Father who loves us so much that he knows what is best for us even when we don't. And I am so glad that I can trust His heart and trust that He will give us the strength to get through what ever is brought into our path along this journey. May you find the peace of God in your lives today. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision