Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Chickens are Benefitting from my Work

Good Morning! I hope everyone is having a great day! This morning I decided to work on another job around here that need to be done. So I worked on cleaning up this area in my chicken pen. There was a lot of over growth- well not as much as Sundays job. This area had been cleaned up last year. And I was so thrilled to realize that once I get some of these major jobs done and if I take care of it each year then - it will be alot easier to clean up next time!



I decided to leave some of the large limbs that I have cut down in the chicken pen so that they could enjoy them. They like to eat some of the leaves and I think the leaves are cool because I am noticing some of the chickens just laying down in that area. I will leave them there a couple of days and then I will move the limbs to our trash pile.


In the back ground of the photo you can see that a tarp that we had over the chicken run area, for shade and to prevent as much rain and mess in that area, has torn and is no longer doing its job. Well we have bought a new tarp - this is just a job that I am hoping to be able to get help to do. If I don't get help soon - I will just see if it is one of the jobs that I can actually do. I probably can- I just think it will be easier with help. Right now I have a list of stuff I still want to get done, so I will just slowly but surely get these jobs done.


The above photo is taken from my desk in my bedroom. I love my view. I love to sit there an watch my chickens. They really like this area of their pen. Do you see their swimming pool - the white thing to the right in the photo? Well I know it is not really big enough for them to swim, but they do enjoy wading in the water. So I just work on trying to keep the water pretty clean - since they walk through it and drink on it.


Do you see the board that goes across the "creek bed?" Since it is now in the 90-100 degree area - I try to turn the water on and let it run for a few minutes every day(that it is really hot) so that they can have a cool place. :o)

1 comment:

  1. A very relaxing scene from your window. There's something about chickens that create serenity.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision