Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Love Vintage Avon Perfume Bottles!

I love vintage Avon perfume bottles. When I was growing up my grandparents on my Dad's side bought my sister and I a couple of things of perfume in really pretty bottles. I don't have those bottles any more. When I was younger, I did not appreciate things like this any where near as much as I do now. I wish that my Mom had have realized that these type things would be important to me one day and had have kept them. It is funny how when you get older things that once were important to you are not so much and things that were not much important to you they have new value. Several of these bottles belonged to my husband's granny. We have a great collection of the more masculine bottles too. I need to get them cleaned up and photos then I will share them with you all. They are on a shelve with quite a bit of dust. Hey now - I have been spending lots of time outside getting things cleaned up and then this week I took some much needed time to start getting things more organized here in the house.




But it won't be as easy of a task to organize and clean here in the house. See what I have been doing outside is cleaning things ups and all but inside - half of this stuff belongs to my husband and he likes his stuff where he has it, even if it is not very neat or tidy. So I work in areas around the house that I can. And I try to ignore the places that I can't.









It amazes me to see some photos of fellow bloggers and how show case ready their homes are. Well mine is no where near that. I try to have it as inviting and nice as I can but I don't have the ability to have it just the way I want it.



Most of these bottles I have found at Goodwill for about 1 - 2 dollars. Which I think is an awesome deal since when I go to Antique Malls I see the same ones for 3.95 and up. My collection could grow at a faster rate if I would be willing to spend that kind of money and maybe one day I will be. But for now part of the joy of collecting them to find them for just a dollar or two!!



This one I believe came from my grandma who past away back in 2001. The same year - actually the same exact week that we moved into the house we are in now. My Mother was nice enough to pick a few things out for me and for my sister. It seemed like a lot of the family rushed in and grabbed stuff so I am so thankful that she got what she got for us.






When we were getting the things that we wanted from my husband' grandparents house- I had no idea how special these pieces would some day be to me. This one I believe came from her house and the very first photo -of the blue pitcher also came from her. And I believe that the perfume bottle with the iris as the lid - came from her as well.











I am hoping that some day maybe these things can be a treasure to our grand children. Just like they are to us. Later I will do a post on the rest of our collection. :o)

2 comments:

  1. I love those bottles too! They remind me of my grandmother's house, where she had the bottles lined up on the window sill where they would catch the light. I remember opening the bottles to catch a whiff of whatever perfume used to be inside. Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I remember several of those bottles! Does that make me vintage as well? LOL!

    I have a "teapot" vintage AVON bottle that a friend gave to me. It's very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking