Thursday, August 12, 2021

Silver Lining of Covid....series....Part 4

 As you know I am sharing a series about the silver lining that came out of my experience with Covid. God was faithful and I am so thankful for that!! 

One of the silver linings is that this experience helped build my faith! I had to! I spent many hours over these 3 weeks praying! When I say many hours - I did not spend a whole hour praying - but I prayed many times. I have a rough time sleeping and I was up many times. And when I would get myself set back in bed- I would spend time praying to God for healing, not only for me but for the 7 other people that I knew had Covid. I lifted them up to Jesus. I prayed for all those sick with it- or anything else. I prayed for all the people I knew that were experiencing any aches or pains or any issues. Sometimes I just prayed for people I knew and told Jesus - you know what is going on in their live and I ask you to bless them draw them closer to you! I found myself praying day and night. I even prayed that God would eradicate Covid. I hate anyone having to go through it. 

So after 2 weeks of being sick and realize I was going down hill - this was the time I really had to hold onto my faith. God brought to my mind a passage in Scriptures that speaks of Daniel praying and having to wait 3 weeks for an answer. 

12

Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

13But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.  Daniel 10:12- 13 

And to be honest with you. I felt that this was the case with me. That I had prayed for healing but there was a battle going on behind the scenes. God was wanting to bring me healing but the devil did not want that to happen. I prayed for angels that excelled in strength to be sent forth to fight for me. And asked for protection for myself because I felt like:

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 

1 Peter 5:8

And I knew that I needed God to fight for me. 

I read Psalms 91 and 23 ever single day - sometimes several times. I put my whole trust in Jesus Christ because I knew He was the only one who could heal me. I had to have faith and my faith grew through this. I couldn't help but come out of it with more faith.  

Just one more of the silver linings from my experience with Covid. I am SO grateful that there were silver linings. 

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."  Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity