Friday, August 13, 2021

It Really Is A Lot Of Work

 I tell you what - having a homestead really is a lot of work.  And I have come to realize this even more over the last month since recovering from Covid. 

I had to let things go for several weeks while I was sick. I only did the basics. Then it took me a bit of time to get going again. And it didn't help that I had a list of things that needed to be done when I got sick. 

Over the last month I have slowly been chipping away with all the things that needed to be done around here. It has brought me great joy to see the progress. But as I am worked out in the yard and garden and with the chickens and all, I have realized that It truly is a whole lot of work to have a homestead. 

I think that some people have a romantic idea about what homesteading is all about. They don't realize that there is work to be done no matter what the weather is like. When you have animals - you have to get out and care for them - whether the temps are in the single digits or the triple digits. Rain or Shine. It has to be done. 

It is well worth all the work, but a lot of work none the less. But there are great joys that come along with it and I am so grateful to have my garden, yard, and chickens that need tending to. It is truly a blessing and blesses me!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity