Tuesday, August 17, 2021

The Decoy

So today I wanted to share something that we learned and implemented years ago. Chickens like to lay eggs where other chickens lay eggs. So it is a good idea to have a few eggs out in the chicken coop at all times - to lure them to lay eggs there, especially if they have recently been given more freedom and there are plenty of other places they could lay eggs.  I have heard them "brag" in other parts of the yard and have hoped they are not laying elsewhere. 

So we have put out ceramic eggs here and there in the coop. I like to draw smiley faces on them so I will know it is a fake eggs, they are so realistic. 
I may have told you all about my experience last year. I had several of my ceramic eggs stolen - by a snake. But luckily for me - he brought a couple of them back. Unlucky for me - I found one of them shortly after he brought it back - because when I picked it up - it was still wet...ewwwwww 

I have had at least one egg stolen this year, hence the nice clean ceramic egg in the nesting box. 

****************************************
Be sure and come back this week we will have a Freebie Friday post! :O) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity