Sunday, August 9, 2020

What I Will Be Trying This Week

So I think I have shared with you before how much I enjoy Homestead Tessie's Youtube channel. I have learned some awesome things from her. And today I wanted to share with you something that I plan on trying this week. Dry/Oven Canning. I have some wheat and rice that I would like to get canned this week. I don't know if I have enough lids to get everything done that I want to do. You know, the canning supplies are hard to come by lately... I wish we had have realized that this was going to be something that I would get into before all this mess hit. Doing what I can now is better than nothing at all. 



Last week I asked my friends on Facebook where would be the best place to get canning jars. I was blessed by a couple of different ladies with some great canning jars. Some came with lids and rings, some not. And I am SO thankful that God had previously blessed me with this great canning book! I am disappointed that it is challenging to find the rings and lids though. But at least I have some and can at least get started on my project. 



What things are you doing to prepare for maybe a second way - of real or made up virus mess? Please share - it may be things that I need to do but just have not thought of. :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity