Friday, August 21, 2020

How Are You Doing In These Areas?

 This past week my Pastor gave us a challenge.First he said: 

* Spend more time studying your Bible than watching the news

This one I am already doing a VERY good job of. 

But the next challenge was a bit more challenging to me. And I am sure to most people. 

* Spend more time studying your Bible than you spend on social media. 

This is a bit harder for me to do. I like to keep up with my friends and family. Especially during these challenging times it has been nice to continue to interact with people. I just wish there was a way to filter out what I get in my Facebook Feed. I would love to stay up to date on all of my friends and families lives. The personal things they share - about their joy's, sorrows, victories and such. What I get weary of many times - is all of the negativity. The politics and corona virus mess. A lot of that beats me down And I find myself feeling anxious or discouraged. 

I think the pastor had the right idea - sometimes we need to just turn off the TV or the computer or put our phones down and open up our Bibles. Most of the news media information is lies- there may be a bit of truth here and there but I get tired of trying to filter through it. But I can tell you that every single thing you read in the Bible is the truth. 

Every single thing you read in your Bible is the Truth! 

Every single thing you read in your Bible is the Truth! 

Therefore it is a very good use of our time to study our Bibles. When we study our Bibles - we better understand what is going on. We are also encouraged in our journey through our lives in this world. Especially during these uncertain times. 

So this week I have been working hard on spending more time studying my Bible. And less time on social media. 

Not only that but I am trying very hard to just share uplifting, encouraging things. In this world we have enough doom and gloom. It's is the best time to lift up Jesus and encourage those around us. 


For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I [Jesus] have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

John 10:10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity