Wednesday, August 19, 2020

My Husband Was Right, I Wish I Had Have Listened

The title to today's blog posts was created by my husband and I. I was planning on titling it - My Husband Was Right - and when I told him - He add the I Wish I Had Have Listened- after I told him that I wish I had have listened. 

Aldi's used to have their spaghetti sauce in glass jars with a lid that pops - the kind of jars that can actually be used to can - dry can or dry storage. He tried to get me to save them but I was like - what do I need with a whole bunch of jars. Yeah - storing my humming bird food in them was very nice. But I didn't see the use to save a whole lot of jars. Now I am wishing I had of listened. Aldi's has since changed to canning their sauce in plastic jars.... 

I have been paying attention to other jars I have and once I am finish with the item- I was them out and take off the label and I am saving them for sure!!! 

On Monday I made up a batch of granola. I use wheat germ and some ground up flax seed. 
Yesterday I finished up a jar of wheat germ I had - what a great jar to save!! 

In these uncertain times I think it is important now more than ever that we get back to doing what our grandmothers used to do. There was a lot of wisdom in the things they did. And saving these kinds of jars that have the pop lids is a great thing to hang onto. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity