Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Plastic Ball?

I don't know how long these have been around but I just discovered them! They are plastic leak - proof lids! So your canning jars are more versatile then ever before. This was a package of 6 for about 3.57. They come in regular mouth or wide mouth. 
I make my own granola and so I buy a bit of quick oats. I normally use old fashioned oat- but my granola recipe calls for 2 cups of quick oats along with 2 cups of old fashioned. Well while I was at Winco last week I bought more of both kinds. And I measured out 2 cups into 4 sandwich bags - so I can just grab a bag when I am making granola. Well there are a few other things I might use some quick oats for so I put what I had not bagged up into a quart sized jar. 

I think I am going to be quite pleased with this set up! 
Be sure and label the things that you can/store - and date them! 

Have any of you guys ever use the plastic ball lids? Were you happy with them? Anything I need to know? 


 

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen the Ball brand plastic lids before! I have some white, off brand lids that I found at Walmart, and I like using those. I wonder if there is any difference between the name brand and the off brand.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity