Thursday, May 3, 2018

Thrifted Outfits...Modesty is still important

Today I would like to share a photo that was actually taken last week when I took my Mother-in-law to the Dr. That's is how these posts will work. When I am able to get a decent photo of outfits I will try to post about them. I have a couple of mirrors here at the house but nothing set up to really get that good of photos. If I don't go anywhere that has a decent mirror then I may have to resort to using my own mirrors. lol

So something I wanted to talk about today is modesty. Sometimes it seems like it is a forgotten art. Really? I have seen ladies at church who are wearing dresses and they don't have a slip on and really - they needed a slip. Or when tops are too low cut. And if you haven't noticed - there are a whole lot of tops out there these days that have very low cuts. A very easy way to remedy this is to buy camisoles. I love to get the cami's that have the lace panels. You can find these in different colors. And before you say it is too expensive - you can find these at thrifts stores as well as slips. You just have to be patient. I have found cami's from 2.49 and I have paid as much as 5.99 for a camisole.

Ok on to todays outfit:

Top: Faded Glory - $5.00
Cami: Cato brand -$5.99
Jeans: Lee Jeans -$4.00


Total cost for outfit: $14.99

Cami's are great investments! Just keep your eyes open for the colors you need and eventually you will find them.
I like to buy the ones that are made of a slick fabric - I really don't like the polyester ones because they tend to stick to what ever I wear with it. So figure out what type camisoles you like and start watching for them. You will be glad you did when you come across a top or dress that is too revealing. Just because an item is made a certain way does not mean that it is best to wear it like that.
I will try to have my Sabbath outfit post up on Monday. :O)

1 comment:

  1. You are SO correct on many tops needing cami’s under them! I will look for the slicker ones—have not seen those!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)