Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Another Useful Use for Clothes Pins- This time in the Garden

OK - Finally the long awaited promised blog post to share another useful use for clothes pins!
 
So a couple of weeks ago a friend from my Quilt Guild shared some plants with me. While I was at her house picking up the plants I asked her if she knew any secrets to keeping squash bugs away from my squash plants. My Dad had told me long ago that the best way to get rid of them is to squish them and kill them. Well I don't know about you, but that is gross. So I wanted to learn another way to protect my plants.
 
My friend said what she had learned from her parents was to use clothes pins to kill them!! It is much easier then squishing them between your fingers, even if you have a paper towel or something like that to help.
 
 
 
My tip for you is to have two clothes pins with you when you are going after squash bugs - because sometimes its hard to get a good hold of them with one and you have to get the other one to really get it. Sometimes I get the bug somewhat on the clothes pin and then I can use the other pin to actually get it and kill it. I love these heavy duty clothes pins that I bought- they are bigger and stronger for this job. I just keep my bug killing clothes pins separated from the others - thinking I will mark them just in case. I would hate to hang up clean clothes with them. Yuck.

I hope this helps someone out there.
 
I have little tiny yellow squash growing and I am SO happy! Yeah - we got a late start on our garden this year. Will have to do better next year. By this time last year I was eating stuff from the garden.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)