Thursday, May 10, 2018

Thrifted Outfits...A Long Time Coming

Today's Thrifty Outfit comes to you from what I wore to get groceries last Friday. Friday is my getting ready for Sabbath Day and many times this includes getting groceries. Last Friday was a dreary, rainy day. I do NOT like when I have to get groceries when it is raining. But the way my schedule worked last week - it was when I had to get groceries. The positive about having to get out and get groceries in the rain is that it helps you appreciate the times you are able to get groceries in the sunshine!

"A long time coming" is in reference to when I bought this top - October of 2016. Goodwill was having their Midnight madness sale and my sister and I went. I loved this top but it was a bit snug on me, but I could not pass it up. So I got it. And now I am super glad I did. So last Friday was actually my first time to officially wear this awesome top!

Top ~ Faded Glory - marked $4.49 - but only paid $2.25 because of sale.
Jeans~ St. John's Bay - $8.00 (I am not wearing jeans much any more so when I do these are my go to because they are so nice and new)



Total outfit costs: $10.25
Yes- I could have made this outfit much cheaper - I have a pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt jeans that I only paid $1.25 for - but I don't like them as much as I like these jeans. They are a light wash and I prefer dark wash jeans. Anyway there you have it - what I wore to get groceries.

You too can dress for much less and look nice. Check in your area and see if you have some thrift shops or Goodwills. If so check them out - you might find something that you love. Who knows - it might end up being your favorite place to shop. :O)

By the way~ I have a fair amount of cute things I have found and bought that I have yet been able to wear~ so be watching my Thrifted Outfit series for the sub title of "A Long Time Coming" for more great pieces!

1 comment:

  1. It is a VERY cute top!!! And congratulations on your improved health that allows you to wear your top now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)