Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Another Goal

Today I would like to share with you another goal I have set for myself. In this quest towards better health and losing weight - I wanted to set a goal that was reachable and had nothing to do with weight loss. And so I did and I am already working towards my new goal.

My new goal is to be able to walk 5 miles at one time. I have been walking for quite some time but usually only walk about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 miles. Well several months ago while walking with my Mom - we decided to try to get 3 miles in and we did. Ever so often I have pushed myself a bit more and challenged myself to get 3 miles in. Last week I challenged myself to get more than 3 miles in. I succeeded and was able to count 3.66 miles towards my goal of 210 miles for the year. Then I started thinking - I really want to work myself up to where I can walk 5 miles at a time. So Monday when I went walking I challenged myself to at least walk the 3.66 miles but to exceed it if possible. And I am happy to report that I was able to walk 4 miles!!

I think walking 4 miles this week is very appropriate since this week marks 4 years after my last chemo! I have a check up with my oncologist this morning. And if you could keep me in your prayers I would greatly appreciate it. The location has changed. They moved to a brand new building and I am not 100% sure where it is located, or where to park, etc. So a bit more nervous than usual about the visit.

Be watching for when I reach my goal of walking 5 miles at one time. Once I have succeeded with this goal - I will set a new goal of trying to get at least 1 - 5 mile walk in maybe per week or a certain number of them per month- not quite sure. I just want to get to that fitness level and then keep it. That is one thing I have noticed - when you are working towards goals- in weight loss and in fitness- it is not just a journey to get there and then you just stop what ever- you have to continue on. OR you lose the fitness you have achieved or you gain the weight back. That is why I feel it is SO very important that when we try to lose weight - it really needs to be a lifestyle change - not a quick fix. Quick fixes are just that - temporary. You may get results but they don't last. Choose the long term commitment of a lifestyle change and see success come your way. It may take longer to get to your goal but you will get there with better health - when you choose to make a commitment to better health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“Light Shines in the Darkness” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN - Lesson 3...

Installment #3 Be blessed :O)