Thursday, August 24, 2017

Their Mission Statements in Black and White

Are you going through some really difficult things? Does it seem like there is no peace on either side of you? Does it seem like before you are even through one difficulty another one is quickly approaching? Are you trying to live for Jesus, but just don't seem to get a break?
(Please don't stop reading if Jesus is not a part of your life because I have some important information for you as well. I think you will be glad you stuck around)
Well you are not alone. Today I have some thoughts to share with you that might just encourage your soul.

Let's consider the story of Job for a moment.

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan a also came among them.
7 And the Lord said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."
8 Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?"

What Satan was saying is that he was from earth and that he was in charge. But God responded - you are not in charge of everyone. That is what he asked about Job. 

Satan's argument was that Job only served God because of the blessings that he got from serving God. That is what God had to allow Job to prove himself. God said that Satan could do what ever as long as he did not touch Job.

1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.
2 And the Lord said to Satan, "From where do you come?" So Satan answered the Lord and said, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it."
3 Then the Lord said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil? And still he holds fast to his integrity, although you incited Me against him, to destroy him without cause."
4 So Satan answered the Lord and said, "Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life.
5 But stretch out Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will surely curse You to Your face!"
6 And the Lord said to Satan, "Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life."
7 So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord, and struck Job with painful boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.
As we know Job stayed true to God through all his hardships and he came out as gold.
Satan didn't care anything about Job- he wanted to destroy Job in order to prove his point - which was that he was in charge here on earth.
How many times has he put that same charge against others - the charge that they only serve you because you bless them?
The following verses tell us the mission statement, if you will, of God and Satan. It's important for us ALL to know this. Especially since it affects us all.
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them.
John 10:10-12

In order to do more research on this verse - I recommend this site: John 10:10

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion,
walks about, seeking whom he may devour:
1 Peter 5:8
(~going to this link will allow you to look up verses related to the message of this verse. Very interesting!)


And just a little personal story to bring this altogether.
Every since I was diagnosed with cancer and went through chemo and lost my hair(I always mention this because it was SO hard on me) I have struggled with the question, "Why did God allow me to not only get cancer, but it to found at a late enough time period that I had to have chemo and go through losing my hair?"
One day a couple of weeks ago - I was sharing some of these feelings with a good friend and she said - Maybe Satan was trying to kill you, but God said, "No." What an awesome thought!! I wrote this down so that I can remember it. And I am hoping that each time the questions flood my mind - that this thought will take over and help me see the blessing of the situation. That God said, "No!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories